Can you answer this Preposition or Conjunction Question?
Which sentences contain a subordinating conjunction?
a. The children booked tickets online before they saw the film.
b. They decided to go to the park after the film.
c. The children bought popcorn and a drink before the film.
d. They went to the park after the film and they played on the slide.
Do you want to teach
KS2 Preposition or Conjunction?
- Learn Club's simple 3 step process teaches with sentence examples, SATs style tests with INSTANT assessment learning enabling the learner to revise any gaps in their knowledge.
- Learn Club's teacher resources introduce complex topics in a gradual way.
- Learn Club's tests provide the practice necessary to reinforce learning whilst providing the vital feedback needed to quickly identify and revise gaps in knowledge and understanding.
Learn Club's KS2 Prepositional Phrases resources teach, test and instantly assess the topic to the SATs scaled score.
The teaching resources review the relevant previous work on the key parts of a sentence which includes main verbs and action verbs, the teach resources revisit prepositions and give examples of look at how these verbs can act as a single verb. The teacher resources then go on to cover how helping verbs in the past tense are called the perfect form consisting of the present perfect, past perfect and future perfect. These resources cover the has, had and have verbs, verb phrases.
There are over 50 example sentences showing how Prepositional Phrases are used in both the teacher and test resources!
The test and instant assessment has 34 SATs style questions in a multiple choice format that is instantly marked, to highlight the learners understanding of the topic, allowing for immediate revision of areas that have not been understood before moving onto the next topic.
What are Prepositional Phrases?
Prepositional Phrases resources, teach, test and instantly assess:
- Define prepositional phrases as phrases that start with a preposition
- List common prepositions including in, on, at, from, behind, ahead, over and above
- Prepositional phrases can tell us about where an action takes place
- Prepositional phrases can tell us about when an action took place
- Prepositional phrases acting as adverbs and adverbial phrases
- Examples of more than one prepositional phrase in a sentence
- Prepositional phrases describing how an action was done
- Prepositional phrases acting as adjectives and adjectival phrases
- Adverbial and adjectival phrases
Ready to start teaching Prepositional Phrases?
Use Learn Club's KS2 Prepositional Phrases teaching resources to teach the topic
Use Learn Club's KS2 Prepositional Phrases SATs style questions to test knowledge and understanding
Revisit Learn Club's KS2 Prepositional Phrases teacher resource to fill in any gaps in knowledge and understanding
Join Learn Club today to download and print EVERY resource and access ALL resources, tests and answer books.