Can you answer this Perfect Form Question?
The boys were in the park watching the spy. They had followed her all morning and were now waiting to see who she was meeting up with.
i. What is the verb form that is in the past perfect in the passage above?
Do you want to teach
KS2 The Perfect Form?
- Learn Club's simple 3 step process teaches with sentence examples, SATs style tests with INSTANT assessment learning enabling the learner to revise any gaps in their knowledge.
- Learn Club's teacher resources introduce complex topics in a gradual way.
- Learn Club's tests provide the practice necessary to reinforce learning whilst providing the vital feedback needed to quickly identify and revise gaps in knowledge and understanding.
Learn Club's Perfect Form resources teach, test and instantly assess the topic to the SATs scaled score.
The teaching resources review the relevant previous work on the key parts of a sentence which includes main verbs and action verbs, the teacher resources look at how these verbs can act as a single verb. The teacher resources then go on to cover how helping verbs in the past tense are called the perfect form consisting of the present perfect, past perfect and future perfect. These resources cover the has, had and have verbs, verb phrases.
There are over 50 example sentences showing how The Perfect Form is used in both the teacher and test resource!
The test and instant assessment has 46 SATs style questions in a multiple choice format that is instantly marked, to highlight the learners understanding of the topic, allowing for immediate revision of areas that have not been understood before moving onto the next topic.
What is The Perfect Form?
The Perfect Form resources, teach, test and instantly assess:
- The two types of main verbs, action verbs and helping verbs and how they act as one verb
- Helping verbs from the past tense are called the perfect form
- The present perfect has and have
- The simple past and present perfect
- The present perfect link to the present and how long something has lasted for and the use of adverbs
- The past perfect, had verb and action verbs
- The perfect form verbs has, have and had
- Present & past perfect verb phrases
- Present & past perfect contracted forms
Ready to start teaching The Perfect Form?
Use Learn Club's KS2 The Perfect Form teaching resources to teach the topic
Use Learn Club's KS2 The Perfect Form SATs style questions to test knowledge and understanding
Revisit Learn Club's KS2 The Perfect Form teacher resource to fill in any gaps in knowledge and understanding
Join Learn Club today to download and print EVERY resource and access ALL resources, tests and answer books.